Thursday, July 17, 2014

How Joining a Theatre is Helping Me Hit My Reading Goal

Good news! Recently I joined one of the best theatre ensembles in Colorado Springs: The Springs Ensemble Theatre (SET) -- so I'll be doing a lot more theatre throughout the year. It's super-exciting to join such a professional group of people and lots of things went through my head when I joined up: auditions! lighting! set construction! an inordinate amount of paint and make-up! fundraising! (And, yes, fundraising actually did cross my mind.)

What didn't actually cross my mind -- and it's very strange because duh -- was the amount of reading involved.

In five days, SET will meet to discuss the plays pitched for the next season. There will be debating, discussion, and voting. But in order to do all of that...first I must read.

And read a lot.

There are about twenty-ish plays to read.

I must say, to be required to read as my first real theatre task...it doesn't get much better.

There are a couple original plays being pitched -- so they're not published yet and not on Goodreads. However, with my reading challenge being 85 books this year...I'm super glad that most of these plays count towards my total. Nothing like checking off several different goals with one swipe, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.