Friday, June 8, 2012

Library Run and Chickens

Last night I went to pick up a stack of Alice Walker books.  I'm going to start diving in today and I'm not quite sure what to expect.  On one hand, this is a woman who can go to dark places in her writing, and on the other hand, this is a woman who has published a book titled, The Chicken Chronicles: Sitting with the Angels Who have Returned with My Memories... the rest of the title names the chickens.  I have decided this is the book I will read first, because seriously, how could I not?

In the first few paragraphs, I found this passage:

Once I stopped moving about quite so much my interest in chickens, and memory about that particular chicken, asserted itself.  I realized I was concerned about chickens, as a Nation, and that I missed them.

Hrm... What am I getting myself into here?

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank goodness I read this...had totally forgotten I have a book waiting for me at the library...the wallflower YA one.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.