Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tournaments, Cross Dressing Princes, and Mini Operas: A Tuesday Post of Accountability

Ali:  No breaks in this week's chain, I am pleased to report.  Also, I made cookies and went on a seven mile hike over the weekend.  As of yesterday, I'm only two miles away from hitting my work out goal for the week (a seven mile hike helps a lot).  Work in progress for this week = a fairy tale about a cross-dressing prince.

Jenny: Breaks all over the chain! Two words for you: Baseball Tournament. Actually, make that three words for you: Surprise Baseball Tournament. Wait. Make that ten words: Badly Scheduled and Badly Given Notice of Weekend Baseball Tournament.

It was a hot, rough weekend my friends. I should also mention that this weekend was the first practice for Owen's second  baseball league. Yeesh.

Anyway, as far as writing goes...

1. Finished rewriting a chapter of La Llorona and marked up the next phase of the novel. Soon I'll be at the point where I can write fresh words from scratch -- meaning I'll probably go a little faster.

2. Also, I have nine days to really finish a short play that I'm working on for a local theatre festival. I'm not quite there yet, and it's the baseball tournament that I largely blame for this.

3. At some point soon we should be hearing the results of ENO's mini opera contest...but my formatting was so bad that I'm not holding my breath. If you'd like to see how jacked up it got in translation from Blogger to ENO's website: here ya go. (And if you're so inclined, feel free to hit 'like' and show me a little pity.)

What've you guys been up to? Lots pages? Lotsa brainstorming?

2 comments:

  1. Guess what? I'm going to try doing the chain too! I started yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on, Deniz! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.