Thursday, April 19, 2012

With Pictures!

We all know how fantastic Terry Pratchett is, but today I'm going to give some kudos to his illustrators. Over the years, Mr. Pratchett has had a number of different artists do Discworld pieces, and then, he started working with Paul Kidby.

Paul Kidby's style is a superb fit for Pratchett's tone. Look at these covers:


How awesome are they? Then, it gets better. You open up the books and inside is fabulous picture after fabulous picture. And, if you weren't going to any way, you should totally click over to Paul Kidby's Discworld website. See those posters? I want them. Send me those posters for Christmas. Extra brownie points for anyone who sends me a poster w/Death of Rats.

Also, I do have to draw your attention to Where's My Cow? It's not a Paul Kidby collaboration, but Grant does a pretty groovy job, too. Now, it's technically a children's book, but like many of the fun Pixar flicks, there are a couple of nods to the adults in this one. Any Discworld fan will enjoy the inside jokes, and even if you miss the inside jokes, it's still entertaining.

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't come across Where's My Cow? That looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get it for Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most groovy... I love a good cover.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.