Saturday, April 7, 2012

Short and Sweet

"Je n'ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que je n'ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte." - Blaise Pascal

Or, translated, it means, "I made this letter long, because I did not have time to make it short."

A perfect introduction to this week's prompt. I recently found The Postcard Press, which is a fun flash fiction (or short poetry) concept. The press publishes in postcard format and you're strictly limited on how long your piece can be, because, well, it has to fit on a postcard. We're talking about Terry Pratchett's marvelous, wacky fantasy, and The Postcard Press has a call for submissions about magic. Submissions are due by the end of May.

Check out submission details at their website and get cranking on your magic.

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.