Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Make It Stop: A Tuesday Post of Accountability

You'd think after last week that there was no more drama to be had. You'd think wrong! But it is Tuesday, so it's time to be accountable for writing stuff.

1. I did finish a chapter of The Line. It was like pulling teeth for every single word, but the chapter got written! The struggle I'm having with writing is a schedule shift. The soon-to-be four year old doesn't nap anymore. Pfft! There went my hour-a-day time. Without it, finding time has been a chore. After discussions with Shane, we have fleshed out a new schedule - it's not every day, but should buy enough time to get stuff down on paper...and let me out of the house. So cheers for that.

2. Almost done with a new short story. I'm diggin' it and that's what counts. Just gotta write out the last scene and ta-da! I'll be finished with that.

But, damn, this was a doozy of a week.

My grandma is still in the ICU with weird tubes and stuff stuck all over. She's doing better, but it's still stressful.

Last Thursday night, the car's fuel pump gave out on Shane on his way home. I've been minus a ride for a few days while the mechanics get parts and whatnot. Stuck, stuck, stuck. (P.S. Thank you to Ali and John - who kept me entertained while I waited in the car for the tow truck - long story on how I was the one who wound up waiting - on a really dark, kinda spooky stretch of road. They endured the phone cutting off and me talking to AAA, who needed directions to the spooky stretch of road.)

The Big Doozy: And Sunday night (read: super-early Monday morning - 3:00 a.m.) Shane tripped on something in the bathroom and clonked his head on the bathtub. He managed to knock himself out and received a b*tch of a cut above his right eye...that bled a lot. After keeping him awake and doing all the stuff you're supposed to do, I took him to the Urgent Care in the later morning. He needed ten stitches.

Yeah, the week isn't starting off too swell.

And to top it off - insult to injury! - I'll probably have jury duty tomorrow. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that when I call the jury line tonight I won't have to go in.


3 comments:

  1. Holy jeez! We really do need to meet up for coffee. Or booze. Or coffee with booze in it. Fingers crossed that this week is much much much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I vote for booze too... What a week. And you wrote a chapter too?

    Hope Shane, Grandma and car are better. As far as naptime loss: there's always Finding Nemo (Me, use the TV as a babysitter? Never!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone's okay! I really think something's going around. DH's grandmother is in the hospital, a colleague at work just broke his leg, and more!

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.