Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Doing Stuff: A Tuesday Post of Accountability

Oh, yeah! It's Tuesday - time to see what we've accomplished this past week.

I've gotta say: not much. My grandmother became very, very ill this past week and that entailed multiple cross-country phone calls, getting my mother to the airport, lots of stressing, and just general unrest in life. I'm sure you guys have had those weeks too. I hope everyone reading this had a great week and nothing too bad happened. Much love to all y'all.

However, it wasn't a total bust of week, for all that. I managed to get a couple pages written on my big manuscript and fiddled with a short story that I haven't quite finished - I don't know if it's the peripheral stress going on right now, or if it's the story itself that I'm struggling with. Only time and work will tell.

I did meet up with Iver this week and, as always, he gave me great feedback on a story I sent him. And let me tell you (I'm currently working with a group and Iver separately as a writing partner/buddy/mentor): having someone to read your work and thoroughly go over it is a real gift. I love all of my groupies! Between Iver's mark up and the group's critique, this should turn out pretty good. So that makes me happy.

And that's my week. I hope you guys got some stuff done too! Let me know.

Happy Valentine's Day! Go hug someone you love. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Sending good thoughts to you, Susie, grandma and the rest of the family.

    It's amazing you got anything done, but sometimes it is best to keep busy. Even at mundane stuff. And meeting up with friends is always a good idea.

    You know I'm always available for coffee. Or margaritas, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother {{hugs}} How odd, we've had health problems in our family this week too. I think everyone's ready for spring...

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.