Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More Reading, Less Reading: A Tuesday Post of Accountability

So, I'm tired of reading. That didn't take long. Finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman and Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. At this pace, I will not hit anything except burnout.

Plus, I wanna write. And this whole reading thing gets in the way.

So I'm gonna write. I've got some short stories to rough-draft up.

Still reading, just not feeling very hopeful that I'll finish where I wanted to finish. Ah well, can't win 'em all, right? (That's a lie, you really can win them all. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, me included.)

What'd you guys do? Is this holiday season kicking your butt, or are you owning it?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, please write. ;-)

    Reading should be fun and well-filling. If it's stressing you out, that defeats the purpose. Back away from the books. They'll be there when you're ready to read them.

    I had great plans for getting some homemade gifts done, but it's looking like that won't happen (they would have to be ready by this Sunday). I have gifts to wrap that need to go in the mail this week. And a dance class tomorrow night that I refuse to miss, because it's the last one until after the first of the year.

    I've decided to go to Plan B and not worry about it. I can buy something for the Sunday event and finish what I was making next week. Then, guess what!, I'll have next year's done more than a year in advance. Lemons meet lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tired of reading? What planet are you on? On the other hand, if you're tired of reading cos you're dying to write, then full steam ahead, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm owning the holiday season with my fudge :-) And I'm unplugging by the weekend. Honest.

    I'm actually looking forward to not doing anything work/writing-related.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.