Thursday, December 22, 2011

Late, late, late accountability

You might think that by not posting a Tuesday Post of Accountability on Tuesday indicates that I was somehow slacking off. And you might think, because I'm posting an accountability post on a Thursday, that I am somehow trying to justify said slacking off.

To this I say: Nuh-uh.

1. I have written short story words. Not many. But they are written.

2. I have typed critique notes into my rough draft of The Line. (Which I'm waaaay excited to get to work on again in January, by the way! It's one of those: I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT! I KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT SUPER SHINY! kind of moments.)

Something funny (as in interesting to only me) I noticed while typing in notes: I doubled the book's size during NaNo. Prior to NaNo (which means about five months or so of writing) I had 48,300 words. During NaNo I wrote another 50,400 words. I know, that's a lot of words, huh? *patting self on back*

Now to turn that into 100K worth of usable words, yes? And, due to the epic scale of this particular story, I've got another 50K to go. Oh yeah, this is gonna be an awesome dystopia. And 'Awesome Dystopia' might be an oxymoron...but only until you see what I've done.

...or it might remain an oxymoron. We'll see. I'm excited about it. Right now that's what counts.

3 comments:

  1. i like dystopias. waiting to see this. Happy New Year by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you!

    I like dystopias too - (it's a little oxymoronic to say that, isn't it?) - (is oxymoronic even a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oxymoronic doesn't sound a non-word...
    and thanks for the twitter feed abt burntdistrict. i submitted a few poems...

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.