Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Marathons, Sheep, and Conclusions: A Tuesday Post of Accountability!

Welcome to Tuesday! And every Tuesday you will be subjected to regaled by the writing progress I have made over the last week. But! I insist that I not be the only one exposing myself sounding off. Let your comments reflect what kind of suffering butt-kicking you have done too!

Stuff I've done this week:

1. And still NaNoWriMo. This past Saturday I participated in a marathon with Shane and Deb via the Pikes Peak Writers. It was strangely quiet in the big room. Partly because I forgot my headphones and partly because the big ol' room was empty except for me, my buds, and two other folks who were pushing through.

However, I'm over 35K words now.

Sure, some of those words include 'sheep' - a flock of which I did not see coming - but it's a fun ride, nonetheless.

2. Conclusions come to:

Take December off. MUST have a break. Plus I've got to read a whole bunch of books if I'm gonna hit my 80 book goal.

Then, in January (yep, I'm coming to some New Years Resolutions/Goals), finish the Line as quickly as possible. After that, start revising short stories - thus beginning 2012 as *drumroll* THE YEAR OF VAST REVISIONS!!!

Yep, next year I'm dedicating to revision mode. I have so many projects in various states of completion that next year will be dedicated to finishing. Polishing. Making pretty.

Next resolution: make a concerted effort to not talk about selling. Always in the back of my mind is the idea of selling the story. Getting it out there - and while that is still a priority - the writing and revision are to be made The Priority. So often the talk on the blogosphere revolves around selling and the publishing world and how hard everything is, or what options there are. 

I'm telling myself to get over it. Work on the work. If you do what you're supposed to do (tell an interesting story and write it well), I really believe the other stuff will fall in line.

Has NaNo brought things into greater clarity for you? Whadja do this week?




1 comment:

  1. Good luck on finishing NaNo - and on revisions! I'm going back to editing in December...

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.