Monday, October 24, 2011

NaNoWriMo Prep Time!

This year, I'm doing it. Last year I did not. Last year, I didn't even try it because I was in the middle of big project that I didn't want to interrupt.

This year, I can write an entire section of my current novel in one month - a section with its own beginning middle end.

Yep! It's National Novel Writing Month!

Well, not yet. Soon. Starting November 1st, writers around the world will be participating in a the mad writing frenzy that is NaNoWriMo. Before we start though, I thought I'd share some NaNo linkage for those of you getting dusted off and prepped:

1. The official NaNo website. Here you can meet up with the other folks in your region who are just as crazy as you. At the very least sign up so you can get the pep talks - the pep talking crew looks pretty good this year!

2. The illustrious Nathan Bransford had a very smart series of posts last year about the pre-work for NaNo. Here are the Boot Camps:
Day One
Day Two
Day Three

3. And...if you're in Colorado Springs, I've hunted down the NaNo write-in events for my writer's group, The Under Ground Writing Project - and you can check out our calendar if you're looking for places and times to meet up with the other crazies! I'd also like to give a shout out to the Pikes Peak Writers who are hosting the lion's share!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! We're already NaNo buddies, right? As soon as they fix that page...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, as soon as they fix the page. Grr. This is my first year doing it all 'official' like so I'll send a buddy thingy to ya when, you know, I can!

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.