Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Late Post of Accountability

It's Wednesday! Which really means not much except: get through it.

However, even though I'm not keeping up with the mentor posting and, instead, am focusing on my own writing...means I still need to keep up with the posts of accountability.

So, here's what I've done since posting last:

1. Three chapters of The Line. Which included a re-examination of my structure and I decided to speed things up a little bit. So I upped the timeline. Which had the added bonus of making it more exciting for me to write, and I hope that translates to more excitement (not more confusion) for the reader.

I aim to be finished with Part One by mid-next-month.

2. Started a new short story. Since I'm not blogging as often, I've decided to use that extra time toward mastering the short story - or, at least, writing a few. My goal is one short story every two weeks. I'm defining one short story as the following: A.) A rough draft of something totally new or B.) A full edit of a short story that leads to a finished story.

I'm not totally beating myself up if I miss that, though. Novel first!

3. Sent out six submissiosns. Yay! Fingers crossed.

Anybody else do anything interesting/productive?

2 comments:

  1. Keep those pages coming! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I wish I could write short stories more often...

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.