Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Post of Accountability!: Making Plans

It's that accountableness time again! And every Tuesday you will be subjected to regaled by the writing progress I have made over the last week. But! I insist that I not be the only one exposing myself sounding off. Let your comments reflect what kind of suffering butt-kicking you have done too!


What I have done this week (8/23/2011-8/30/2011):

1. Finished a chapter just in time to hand in a submission to UGWP. May the force be with it, because I don't think there was much force behind it. I was trying to finish up two chapters...but it just wasn't to be. Ah well, I'll get 'em next week.

2. Speaking of getting stuff next week - I did manage to figure out that  I can finish the thing up in six months at my current pace...which I'll admit I was disappointed by. But writing and immediately editing is a tough thing and it takes more time than just banging it out. Then those snarky writer's group members find even more stuff that I have to fix. All of which I've already put in my Track Changes file. (That's pretty impressive actually - I just got the critiques yesterday. Can I get a GO JENNY!)

3. I formulated a plan to finish in six months too. Along with looking at what I was comfortably accomplishing plus an extra push, I have it broken down month by month - time to bang out words and then time to revise said words each month until I'm done. (This may or may not mean something because I've formulated many, many, many plans in the past...the plan that I just came up with is, in fact, a revision of my previous plan.)

4. Switched novel notebooks. I know this seems so silly. However, I write faster in the cheapy little spiral notebooks when I'm working on something large like a novel - so I quit fighting it and am ignoring the pretty notebooks...which shall be saved for notes or random jottings or fits and starts. The things we sacrifice for progress.

All right guys, your turn. Whatja do?



1 comment:

  1. Did get my revise as I go revisions done, but not much else. Except realizing I need to do this part of my rewriting by hand.

    Love it when I figure this stuff out.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.