Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Post of Accountability!: Submissions and an Injured Finger

Every Tuesday you will be subjected to regaled by the writing progress I have made over the last week. But! I insist that I not be the only one exposing myself sounding off. Let your comments reflect what kind of suffering butt-kicking you have done too!

Okay, here's my progress report:

1. Wrote rough draft of a three page short story I'm calling "The Last Typewriter in the World"...inspired by the fact that my mother just got me a typewriter for a Kerouac-like experiment that I shall be conducting shortly.

2. Submitted to four magazines. These are really my first submissions of the year. Working on novel-length pieces doesn't leave you a whole lot of submittable material, but I spruced up a couple flash pieces and we'll see how they do.

3. Thought about editing another short story and just wound up looking at it for a little while.

4. Worked on typing in handwritten chapters for TL, realized I was going to have to rewrite a chapter from another point of view and haven't worked on it since out of frustration. (Plus my right index finger still hurt from all the handwriting...I really think I strained something and will try to take it easier on my hand by mixing the handwriting/computer entry a little faster.)

5. Finished blog posts for the week...and they're lengthy so I think that counts as writing work.  =)


All writey guys?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your submissions!
    And ooh! Lucky you! I love typewriters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Organized works in progress so all materials for each are in the same place.

    2) Finished 2 craft projects that were close to completion. Why is that listed here? Because they were hanging over me, and it proves I can finish things. At least to myself.

    3) Interviewed an expert for a future project.

    Piddling around the edges of actual forward progress, but it still felt good. Now to work on outlines for a couple projects.

    Promised by next Tuesday--complete expanded outline for MMG on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and maybe you need some popsicle sticks and tape to splint up that poor finger.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.