Sunday, July 24, 2011

Last night, I read my little girl three books. The night before that, her father read her two. Every night my son reads whatever Star Wars/Jacob Wonderbar/space book he can get a hold of - and just Friday he was reading to us about mosquitoes. I can't imagine what their lives would be like without books...

or their parents. 

Over at Tracy Edward Wymer's blog, he has posted a story that captures my worst nightmare. A car crash taking the lives of two parents. Their six-year-old son, Trenton, was with his grandparents. I don't know about you, but my husband and I have date nights. Our kids are left with grandparents. And it is conceivable that we might never come back from those date nights. Drunk drivers. Lousy weather. All kinds of day-to-day risks that can shatter a family.

To help ease that pain (which can never be erased) Tracy, who went to school with Trenton's mother, has put out the word on OneBook for Trenton. Basically, pick out your favorite new or gently used books and send them to Trenton - and show that he is loved. I'm sending one (probably more) this next week.

Get the details on Tracy's blog. And go hug your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.