Monday, July 18, 2011

The Great Scroll Experiment!

In honor of Kerouac, and in attempting to learn what I can about writing from him, I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon trying to create my own scroll-of-fiction.

First, I gathered my paper (10 sheets...my thought process being that ten sheets of single-spaced typewritten paper made a more-than-decent length short story):


Then I glued all of that together into one long piece:



Fed it through my typewriter:


And began writing:


I'll tell you how the writing itself it went tomorrow in my accountability post. Now -- have you guys ever tried to copy a Great Writer's method? Wrote with quills? Fountain pens? Standing up like Hemingway is reported to have done? How did that work for ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.