Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Post of Accountability!

Okay, so I've decided to add in this as a new blog feature.

I've been doing Random Posts of Accountability...but I realized that I only posted those when I had done something. (Was I gonna post about doing nothing? Don't think so.)

Now, every Tuesday you will be subjected to regaled by the writing progress I have made over the last week. But! I insist that I not be the only one exposing myself sounding off. Let your comments reflect what kind of suffering butt-kicking you have done too!

What I have done this week (6/21-6/28):

1. I am handwriting and then typing in the first draft of my current WIP, called The Line, which we will now codename TL. This week I finished five chapters, injured my right index finger because I have not done so much handwriting in forever, iced said finger, and plunged onward. Basically, I'm psyched that I'm pounding out so much material.

2a. On Thursday I hit a road bump when I got to a chapter (Chapter Nine, for anyone-who-may-be-curious's sake) that refused, I'm saying REFUSED, to work like it was supposed to. I glared at the page for a while then decided that I would reread the handwritten stuff from where I'd left off and lo! There was the problem staring me right in the face in Chapter Four.

2b. I've just recently decided to rework as I go, and it goes in cycles like this: Write it to about 50-60 handwritten pages, type in those pages (editing what goes into the computer), have Shane read it and make notes (he's already so tired of the damn story!), write more pages while Shane reads, and at some point enter in the changes that Shane recommends. I've discovered that reworking as I go works well for me...and when I hit a snag in the write 50-60 page handwriting part where I'm creating new stuff, it's probably because I haven't looked at the earlier parts enough. I've lost the thread.

3. Completed the critiques for my writing group--though they sadly went without handwritten line critiques like I normally do because I chose to use my damaged finger skills for writing my own stuff. (Sorry dudes.) They'll have to suffer with quick circles, underlines, and question marks for line critique.

Your turn. What'd you do?

2 comments:

  1. Nowhere near as productive as you've been. However, I did:

    1. Finished general outline of MMG
    2. Mapped out major character arcs
    3. Mapped out plot lines

    Not too shabby. Will have more to report next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too shabby at all kid! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.