Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Guardian is on a Roll

I just found this fascinating article about one of our previous mentors, Virginia Woolf, by Michael Cunningham -- who did such a beautiful job portraying her in his own novel The Hours. Cunningham talks about his own writing journey and his mom:

Virginia Woolf, my mother and me

Plus, if you've missed V.S. Naipaul's scandalous remarks regarding writers of the female persuasion, (ahem, we apparently are sentimental and have a narrow view of the world, plus we're never master of our own house....) you can check them out here and, should you wish to take the quiz go here.

I'd be really interested in hearing about your quiz results...I got six outta ten, but I don't count missing Nicholas Sparks...Okay! Okay! I take that back....=)

1 comment:

  1. I got 3/10 on the quiz. I've never read any of those books :-)

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.