Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Random Post of Pity Me.

Hard drive crash. Will be using Shane's computer for the next week or so.

Which is no big deal, right? Everything was backed up and all.

But still. It's like driving someone else's car. Sure, every car has a turn signal and wipers and hand brakes and all. It's just not what you're used to. You reach on the wrong side for the wipers. You want to reach down to shift, but the car you're driving is an automatic and everything you need is on the steering column.

It'll get you where you're going, but it's not yours and you always, always, always wind up on the wrong side in the gas station.

You know?

3 comments:

  1. Been there. You have my sympathy...

    Worse: not having interwebz hookup. Been there also a few times. It's a brutal world out there for us computer dependents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I know what you're going through--happened to me last year.

    And I'm STILL getting used to the new laptop.

    Hope you have the perfect computer back with you soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. I can't stand using DH's computer, and even get annoyed by my computer at work, where they force us to use Internet Explorer and won't let us download Google Chrome. Hope you solve your problems soon!

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.