Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Random Post of Awesomeness: Braggin on a Buddy and...Me!

Hey guys! I just got the great news that I won a copy of The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander over at Tracy Edward Wymer's blog.

While I'm thrilled about winning the book, it's going to an important cause: Getting kids to read!

Tracy's whole contest was geared toward getting it into the hands of kids. You had to comment and tell what kid you would give the book to (after you'd finished reading it, of course). Well, my husband is switching gears from teaching high school to teaching middle school. First, I'm going to read this intriguing story. (See Tracy's review here.) Then Shane'll read it. Then it's off into the hands of a passle o' 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.

We'll probably grab a few more copies along the way....

So, cheers to me. Cheers to Tracy for having such a great idea. Cheers to writer Chris Rylander. And cheers to the students who will benefit.

3 comments:

  1. Cheers indeed! How cool, and good for karma all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers here!

    What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I think you'll like the book.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.