Monday, October 25, 2010

Contest, Alexie, and Others

First off, a big ole congrats to Julia -- the Boudreau Birthday Bash Contest winner. It's kind of crushing to know that I was so close to her word count and bathroom construction took over that last day. (I'm sorry, I love writing, but I love my bathroom too...and you don't know what you have until you can't use it anymore, right?)

Next off, I went to hear Sherman Alexie speak as part of the All Pueblo Reads program. And I have a huge author crush on the Mentor. I'm going to go see him again, because he's making one last presentation at the college before heading off to home (or where ever else he may be needed), and I'll give you the overall impression in a little while.

But, before I go off to presentation-land, the question of questions came up as I was hanging out with John, Ali, and Ali's +1 after the Alexie reading. Namely: if you could ask your favorite author one question, what would it be? And, conversely, as an author, what quesiton would you most like to be asked?

3 comments:

  1. I would ask, "What is the best and the worst writing advice you've ever been given?"

    I would want to be asked, "How did you get to be so awesome?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those are super awesome questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending time in Bookstores going over magazines and going online for ideas can help you decide just what you want in your new bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.