Monday, August 30, 2010

August Wrap Up and Heading into September

Tonight is the CWC meeting--the last one in Colorado Springs. Ali decided to up and move, so that puts us down in Pueblo, since that's the halfway point for most of us. I'll miss Panera....

Anyway, instead of mourning the loss of my favorite sandwich every month (I blame you Ali!), I shall think of all the great things that I accomplished this month. Namely:

1. Made good with the Great Writing Race of 2010 winner-John. (Yummy Old Chicagos--can you tell I like food?)
2. Acquired several bits of knowledge from school, which I started a week ago. I'm already tired from the amount of textbook reading. It's just not the same as getting to read Mockingjay, which you should go out and buy. I'm re-reading the first two books before I jump into that one.
3. Finished CWC 50 pages for tonight. Though I was participating in the Great Writing Race of 2010, I still needed to add some pages.
4. Saw Inception. Go DiCaprio!
5. Finished reading Old Yeller with my son. Say it with me: tear-jerker.
6. Read and critiqued all of the wonderful writing from my two critique groups.

Heading into September, here is what I want to accomplish:
1. Keep up with my school work. Which is a challenge in and of itself at the moment. I do have my big papers' topics in mind already though. Half the battle won!
2. Write, write, write on La Llorona. Plus edit a particularly tricky spot so that I have it correct in my head.
3. Read Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series--all of it! Did I mention Mockingjay is out and that you should go get it?
4. Critique stuff.

And you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.