Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Writing Race Update

For all my Facebook smack-talking, I have not caught up with Ali today. She can rest safely for another day.

As I've let myself get smoked, I have decided that while losing definitely sucks (and losing significantly sucks even more) that there is still an advantage to competing. Namely: I wasn't producing this much two month ago. I was so confused as to where to go with the story that I instigated my own butt-kicking because I said 'Hey guys, you wanna race?' hoping that just the idea of competition would get me writing stuff down.

But I didn't get off the start line because competition didn't solve my problem: Where the hell am I going with this? So I took too long figuring that out and now that I'm fairly solid on many more things in the story, I'm way too far behind to catch up...even with this vacation week in here.

Still, I'm going to keep pluggin away because the goal is to finish the novel anyway. And who knows? Maybe all four of them will pull a hammy and I'll be gold!

Current stats:
Marie: 36,849
Matt: 36,578
John: 35,898
Ali: 20,600
Me: 14,173

1 comment:

  1. Notice how smack-talking gets these people moving:

    John's now in the lead followed close by Marie and Matt's right behind her. Ali and I are still behind, but Ali has this insane ability to write 10000 words in a day if she needs to.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.