Sunday, June 20, 2010

More Words to Go

John's right. You can get smoked in a marathon.

Here's my focus at the moment: I need 12,500 words by the end of this week at least, because I have to turn in at least 50 pages to the CWC. At the very least, I have to hit that. No exceptions. (Have I said 'at least' enough times?)

So, the bad news: I'm getting smoked.

The good news: The challenge is working like it's supposed to. I'm getting words down after a very difficult block. After a period of "Nothing I'm doing is good enough." "Everything sucks." and "Why doesn't someone please break my fingers so that I have a better excuse for not writing!" I'm moving again.

And I have to say this for my fellow competitors: You people can move words! Damn.

The current word counts (as of this morning at 9:20) stand thus:
Matt: 16077
Marie: 15,756
John: 14,002
Ali: 10,000
Me: 5, 227

So, to put that into 4 words: I am losing badly.

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when you start a contest and people actually take you seriously and start writing a ton? So annoying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only one thing to do Jenny: Kick our asses. Just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can kick their asses . . . but not mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are winning--you're writing!

    And you can so kick their asses if you really put your mind, and fingers, to it.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.