Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's A Lot Easier To Write When You Can Find Your Keyboard

The kids are settled into their new rooms. The living room has been cleared of the debris of 'stuff'. And my writing area is free of stacks of papers and books--meaning I can now reach my keyboard without a towering stack of critiques-to-do and work-in-progess papers falling onto my head.

In other words, my writing space is now under control. This is a relief because there is quite a bit I want to finish before the end of the month. 30 pages of Llorona, a background story for The Line, plus I need to finish reading Ali's Crossroads Promise for CWC--which is rapidly approaching!

Of course, the only one of those that'll get done will be Ali's stuff. When you're interrupted by re-modeling the house, it takes a bit of time. And time is the stuff writing is made of. But I'm trying to take it easy on myself for this month. After all, it's better to start in a place that's under control because you're going to lose that control at some point--if you didn't have a good place to start from, then you have no place to return to and you run in circles and accomplish a whole lotta what?

Nothing.

Let's not do that.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, please. Let's not.

    Ambitious goals, my friend. But your space is organized, and that always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Space is important - I've taught classes where the simple layout of the room had a big impact on the whole dynamic of the class. Props for getting your work space sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen for space! I just redid my desk and it makes me so much happier to have order and simplicity. Sanity restoration, just that quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on the space. My space is now a netbook, which I can move to wherever everyone else in the house is not. My original cluttered space is still there. I'm ignoring it. Good for you to get organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Normally I ignore it too, but I would've gotten a concussion if I'd ignored it any longer!

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.