Saturday, December 12, 2009

Time for a New Look

Coming up on the end of the year it is time for a face-lift.

To your right we have a painting by Frederic Bazille, a French Impressionist who worked with Monet, Manet, and all the other great painters of the day. In fact, they're in the picture, along with French author Emile Zola. This is called Bazille's Studio: 9 rue de la Condamine.

I chose this painting (it's probably my favorite of all time) because it's a study of a group of artists working and discussing what they do--I'm a big proponent that works of art cannot be created on a solitary desk in the middle of nowhere.

So the theme of this coming year will be: what I can learn from other people. There's much to learn and I'm off to learn it!

2 comments:

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.