Thursday, December 3, 2009

JePoWriMo: Day 33

You thought JePoWriMo was done because Mo stands for Month, right?

Wrong.

I'm still not quite finished with my serial killer poetry book. (That was my magical epiphany that I kept secret to surprise my CWCers.) It's so cool!

So the first part is about Edmund Kemper (also known as the Co-ed Killer), the second part is about Ted Bundy (I don't think I need to tell you who he was) and the third part is on John Wayne Gacy (also, I think, I don't need to tell you much about him). It's called Up From the Basement--it's exploring what happens when these guys come out into the world.

I've banged out the first two parts and am now working on Gacy. And I'm having a hard time with him, even though he's got some really, really whacked out things to write about--hello? A killer clown? That should write itself. Guess I just need to keep plugging along.

I'm trying to keep Ali's advice about finishing strong topmost in my head. Though, when I'm done with the Gacy section, all effort will go to starting the New Year strong.

2 comments:

  1. The problem could be the sheer number of choices. If you have to decide between this or that, not so much of a problem. But if you could have this, this, that, that, or one of those thirty things over there; well, that's hard.

    You'll do it. Anyone who could come up with this idea in the first place can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start reading your poems tonight, so you'd better hurry up, 'cause I'll be ready for the Gacy pages soon.

    Go Jenny go!

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.