Sunday, October 25, 2009

Whew. Didn't get as much done in October as I would have liked. Ah well, I'll live. Still got stuff done!

Finished the ten-minute play for the competition.
Got the sonnet ready for the sonnet competition.
Got some poems done.

My goal for next month is simple.

You know NaNoWriMo?

Well, I'm doing my own little invention: NaPoWriMo. National Poetry Writing Month. (Though, I guess it's not really national, so do we call it Jenny's Poetry Writing Month? JePoWriMo?) My single, solitary goal:

1. Bang out 120 poems.

My hope is that about half will be viable enough to put together a poetry manuscript worthy to send out. Perhaps half is an optimistic count, but I won't know until I do it, right?

The fact that there is a deadline for yet another contest has inspired me to finish this project instead of my current novel works-in-progress. But after this month, my only goals will be to finish the two novels until their done. Yep, finish them until their done. How's that sound?

And I came across this in my internet wandering and, if you're a writer, you should really check it out: Annie Dillard and the Writing Life.

3 comments:

  1. 120 poems, man. That's lofty, even for a Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Jenny, go. That's 4 day. 3 more than I could probably manage in a month.

    You are awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be cheering you on - are you going to keep us updated on your progress?

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.