Saturday, October 10, 2009

Time to Pay Up

It's that day:

The day that I must pay up on bet conditions. Since Ali beat me (smoked me! creamed me! made me sit in the corner and cry for three days!) I must now take her to dinner with Deb.

Here is also where I must tell you that Ali, while demonish, is no where near as diabolical as I am. Had I won, I had plans for The Pepper Tree--a very hoity toity kinda restaurant in town with the bestest steaks ever! Also very expensive. Also on my list was Petite Maison because Deb has always said how good that place is. Another alternative in my brain was a trip to Denver and a high quality restaurant that none of us had been to, but that would require a tie and jacket.

Luckily, Ali chose the Texas Roadhouse in Pueblo. It's far more in a struggling writer's price range.

Ali should be thanking her lucky, hard-working stars that she kicked my tail...because otherwise tonight would've set her back a ways....

And on a related note as far as word count goes:

I was reading in an advanced magazine at work about Stephen King's new book Under the Dome. Apparently it should be called Under the Tome. The thing weighs in at 4 pounds, over 1,000 pages, and has over 100 characters. See Ali? Just when you think you've outdone yourself, someone goes and shows us that we have soooo many more words to write.

2 comments:

  1. And they call ME the evil one. Dude. Black tie restaurant? That's downright diabolical. Yup, it's a really good thing I won.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.