Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ditto July

Goal time. Mostly because I have nothing really great to talk about, I'll talk about the stuff I mean to do, but generally don't get to.

1. read all submissions
2. Originally I planned to bang out the CWC submission and then just worry about writing something new outside of that. But I've discovered that the 'banging out' which I thought to be 'editing' turned into 'must rewrite' and by 'rewrite' I mean 'write all over again because most of what I have is absolute tosh'. So that means more writing than I anticipated because I have a hard time turning in stuff that I know sucks the big one. So, three pages a day.
3. One page a day on the new story. That way I can take my time with it.
4. Read some stuff on the side. I want to finish Willa Cather's My Antonia because it turns out I really dig her writing. Plus I want to read one contemporary writer this month. Mix it up a little.

That's all she wrote (or wants to write). What about you guys?

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when rewriting truly means writing it again. It's so much more fun when you're reading, thinking, "Wow, I wrote that. I'm the bomb-diggity."

    My August will be about editing too, but only minor stuff (to The Ground Crew). Itching to write something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bomb-diggity? ;-)

    Jenny's doing writing math again. But it does sound like quite doable writing math. Go-Jenny-go!

    I have almost 2 full days before I have to draw a line under July and think about all I have to do in August. Okay, I've been thinking about August for a week now, but I'm not committing until Saturday.

    And I'm itching for something new, too. Although much of the rewriting for MMG involves brand new stuff. So I'm definitely feeling your pain, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but do writing math. I'll make the argument that it's part of my 'process'. It also makes me think I'm the bomb-diggity when I make it.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.