Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Goals, March Sum-up

I didn't do too bad in March. Got some queries together and off. Got some new pages written--not as much as I wanted, but enough because it helped keep me from going insane while the queries were doing their thing (and they still are, by the way). All the critiques for both groups got finished.

April, I think I will take a little lighter, just for my own sanity's sake. Here's what I have:
1. Gotta finish the Round Story. Yes, it is almost done. And I have to say that I'm proud of what the Underground Writing Project has accomplished. What were there? 9 different authors? 10? I'll have to take a look. And we're actually going to finish a really large project that forced us all to write outside our comfort zone and allowed those of us who haven't finished a novel before to see the process...even if we never do another one and if nothing else comes of it, that was worth all the time and effort. Last chapter to me!
2. Keep on moving on La Llorona...I'm shooting for at least 10 pages, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
3. Read! I'm going to finish Julia Alvarez's Saving the World and P.D. James's Children of Men.
4. All the critiques, which were pretty mild this month. There were still four in the UGWP, but they're 2 pages each.
5. Gonna work on my submission package some more. Just went over what I sent in earlier and discovered a typo, a typo!, on the second page that I somehow missed. Even with everyone circling and highlighting and underlining. I still missed it. Ugh! Well, let's just wait for those rejection letters to come on in and get the new package put together....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.