Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh God, Oh God, Oh God

I just hit the 'send' button on the query/five pages submission, and about passed out.

My brother is laughing uproariously in the backgroud--ranting about how the first submission is always rejected.

I'm trying to think of it all as a short story submission. I've just been working on this short story for a couple years, that's all. Right? Right. And it's just one submission. One thing in one space of time. You can't win it if you're not in it. Cowboy up. Suck it up. Move onwards and upwards. Etc. Etc. Etc. Yeesh.

But, hey, I did it!

4 comments:

  1. Good on ya! That doesn't seem adequate. You've done a wonderful thing, taken an amazing step.

    And smack that brother of yours for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Deb. Especially on the smack your brother part :)

    Whoo-hoo for queries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 years? I've worked on the Falcon since I was 14! Suck it up and smack me then! Hahahahaha!

    Oh, dude, my CAPTCHA phrase is "scromen"

    That just sounds . . . bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when are you going to link to my blog already?

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.