Sunday, November 16, 2008

What did I do?

Like an idiot, I asked if the CWC crew would be willing to do a 'full novel' read through--which involves handing in:

1. full draft of novel (like the name implies)

2. list of agents I am considering submitting to

3. rough draft of the synopsis that I would hand in to said agents

4. copy of query letter for said agents



I was hoping I would be a lot further along on finishing the draft than I am. Looking at the mess of paper in front of me I have another five chapters to do before I even touch at the query/synopsis process--something I've never actually tried before.

One of those chapters is the last chapter, which has always been the hardest one.

Here's the good news. I do think it's better than the first draft. And it's always a plus to be progressing.

2 comments:

  1. Take a deep breath, then get back to work. Lots to do, and not much time to do it in, but I have much faith in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As do I!

    And when you finish, we'll go see a movie. With popcorn! Even candy if you want.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.