Tuesday, November 25, 2008

December Goals

Actually, writing is not one of them. Having spent the last two years on one large piece, I have decided to take a writing break and read instead. Besides, December is a month where it's sooooo hard to get anything decent down on paper anyway--what with chestnut roasting and all.

So my goal is also a challenge.

I will read 10 (ten) books in December:

1. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
2. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
3. Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk
4. Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (You didn't think I would make this easy on myself, did you?)
5. Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
6. The Duma Key by Stephen King
7. The Queen's Fool by Phillippa Gregory
8. Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins
9. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
10. Series of Unfortunate Events: The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket (this is where I left off in the series....)

Seems like a nice mix of old/new, long/short. Let's see what I can learn from them.

***Adjustment!
I have just remembered that two Kate Winslet movies: Revolutionary Road and The Reader will be coming out verrrrry soon. So, scratch Series and Queen's Fool from the list and insert these two. (Because Winslet rules!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.