Wednesday, July 23, 2008

At least I don't have to have a page count

Here's the decision with the short story: I will submit it in two parts.

As soon as I came to that conclusion, the words came just a little easier but I do need just a little more freakin time. I was busy with the novel and thought I could do it...but such was not the case. Then, reading Fred's submission, I realized I didn't need to finish it all at once! So I get to submit twice. Once this month and once next month. While I'll only get one piece out of it, at least I'll feel productive.

At least I don't have a page count necessary this month like some other people.

Who I love.

4 comments:

  1. Good idea. And sometimes just knowing you have a Plan B helps get Plan A done.

    Can't wait to read it, no matter how much of it you submit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but you realize you may have to read it twice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :P Wuss, who I love.

    Just kidding (well, about part of that). Do what you've gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know...almost sounds like cheating...but, to be fair, cheating is better than chickening out. Although, when you think about it, cheating is a form of chickening out. But then again, like my uncle's best friend's little brother used to say, "Cheating a chicken out of his chance to cheat makes him only more apt to wanna peck your eyes out."

    ...I don't think my coffee's kicked in yet.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.