Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Puzzle Pieces

Right below my feet (I'm sitting on a barstool, at home, not at a bar...) is a notebook containing FJR. It's broken out into chapters, marked by those divider thingies you get from office supply stores. And I'm working on reivising the thing.

It's interesting work because I'm not really doing it in order. I figured that I needed to revise about 50 pages or so for the month and looked to see where the 50 page mark was. I rearranged a couple chapters, rearranged them back, added in scenes, expanded scenes, cut pieces of scenes. Here's the cool part.

I finished Chapter Two last night. But I still haven't typed up my new Chapter One and I'm halfway through Chapter Three and have not touched Chapter Four (where the 50 page mark should hit, assuming I have not cut too very much).

It's like a puzzle. I'm seeing how the pieces fit together. Now I'm just concerned that if I keep doing it in this random order: Will it make sense?

Only, knows I God don't sure.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to that puzzle problem :)

    I have faith that you'll get it all sorted out. I'm sure you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all That's luck a, good with great that analogy. pieces I you sense it make because were hope great do to can start the with of.

    know? You

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Ali, I have faith in you too.

    And if by some strange chance it doesn't make sense, that's what we're here for.

    Can't wait to see what you're doing with it.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.