Thursday, May 29, 2008

May is Over, June is In

I didn't really set any goals for April or May. At first I decided that I would pat my back for things I got done and not worry about what I set out to do.

Apparently praise doesn't work for me. I didn't even do a decent blog session this month.

So, back to goal time (and there are a lot now...)
1. 50 pages of revision for FJR
2. finish critiques for the Underground Writers Project (the tentative new name for the Sunday Group)
3. Finish critiqes for the Creek Writer's Council (and while there are only three, there's a lot of paper, lemme tell ya)
4. 10 pages of The Guardian (part of my kids series)
5. and a stretch goal--yeah, because I need stretching with those other slacking goals--is to finish the first chapter of The Guardian for the UGWP.

Off to work on getting some check marks.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This seems incredibly ambitious for one month. Especially with a new baby. But maybe very high goals motivate you. It seems like it could just be impossible and make someone give up. Anyway, everyone's different, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, indeed.

    The first three are doable (they have to be doable, because all of the CWC members will be having similar goals for their submission months). So a first chapter of Guardian to submit (which will include, I'm guessing, the first 10 pages) shouldn't be bad.

    Jeez, I couldn't keep a straight face typing that last bit. Good on ya for pushing yourself, my friend. Inspires me to give myself a swift kick.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.