Friday, April 11, 2008

OMG...what did I just do?

Okay, there's a secret I've been keeping that I think only really Ali knows...and Deb to a certain degree.

But I, I confess, write poetry as well as fiction. However, I've never sent any of my poems out to publishers/magazines until today. I can't tell you why, except that I think I've had more confidence in my fiction. Sending out poetry always struck me as nerve-wracking. Not because I didn't think my poetry was good enough...but, strangely enough, because I didn't think I could keep track of it like I could keep track of short stories. It seemed easier to lose poems in transit.

Rather than stymie myself I have decided that I'll just send out the poems in a packet at a time. I'm in no rush for publication with poems...so, I've sent of a packet today and I guess we'll see what happens.

P.S. I realize that I put OMG in my title. Forgive me.

4 comments:

  1. That's funny. Yeah, the whole fiction vs. poetry mentality is weird. There's a whole definition thing going on.

    Cheers on submitting poetry. You've got some good stuff that ought to get out there.

    By the way - when are we getting the scoop on your single-handed writing marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. INDB. JRWYCF or I'll B all WTF, JK. AITTPYDYAFBSOBYCZ. GOY J-dawg.

    DFTBA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful, John. You really touched me with that...

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.