Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rejection Connection

Rejection update.

Got a couple form letters.

But I also got a great one from The Missouri Review:
"Although we won't be publishing this story, I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your writing. The style and structure of the story itself sets it apart. Good luck in the future and I hope you'll try us again."

There are two things that are great to see when you get a rejection letter: the first is a handwritten note. That's just awesome.

But the awesome-ness increases with the second bit: the caliber of the magazine.

Who thought rejection could make you smile?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed. I'm probably at least a year or two of working like mad on just short stories (which we all know ain't going to happen) before I could even think about submitting to Missouri Review. Groovy rejection, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejection has made me smile. I forget which literary magazine I sent my first short story, too. I knew it was getting rejected because I was desperate to send something out and the story still had spelling errors and stuff in it. But when I got the rejection letter, I got that true writer feeling.......yeah, I got a rejection under the belt.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.