Sunday, November 4, 2007

Looking at the Bright Side of Life

I just handed of FJR to Shane so that he would be so sweet as to print out the copies I need for tomorrow. It occurred to me that I have been playing negative Nellie on myself. I've been so hard on myself for 'not finishing' that I've overlooked the fact that I more than doubled a year and half's worth of writing in one month. Count it: 1 month.

I figured out cool things about my characters. I put a ton of words on paper. 25,000 words in a month. That's a lot for me, and I'm sure it's nothing to be sneezed at, even by folks going into NaNoWriMo. (Though with the exhausting part of turning out that many words, I'm thinking my NaNo goal is going to shrink =) Are the words good? Who the fuck cares? Not me, not right now. Not as I watch page after page churn out from the printer. I'm all smiles.

3 comments:

  1. That is indeed nothing to be sneezed at. 25K in a month? Awesome. At the rate I'm starting on NaNo, I'll be more than happy with that. [See my blog for update later]

    Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, my word count for last month was a very, very tiny fraction of yours. I still felt like I had accomplished something. To whip out 25,000 words in one month is no small thing, despite the fact that I've whined about not having more :)

    Take a minute, pat yourself on the back, and pop open a bottle of sparkling cider while you staple it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25k words is nothing to sneeze at, Period. Don't worry about the words being good, it's easier to fix them than to crank them out right the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.