Friday, August 24, 2007

August Goal Results

The results:
I still hate goals.

I finished one chapter of FJR, not two.
I did not complete my fantasy chapter.
The critiques for the Sunday group will be done by Sunday. Chalk one up there.
I did not read The Namesake, which I am greatly saddened about.

But, Jenny, you ask, why did you not finish everything? I answer: A combination of factors. Mainly I blame the lure of competition. I spent a lot of my time refining my submission/reading for the contest that's going on tomorrow. That cut a lot of hours out of the week (read: I made Deb sit for two hours while I practiced. Then I did the same thing to Shane).

Another reason/excuse? My plan did not execute as well as I'd hoped. Ah well. We'll chalk that up to experience. It's hard to work two pieces at once. Though I think I'm a slow learner and will try it all again next month.

But I'm waiting to see if I actually have to do the round story for next month. That'll cut into something, I'm sure. But maybe John will have mercy and point the finger at some other schlub?

1 comment:

  1. Well, you shan't have the excuse of American Icon next month, now will you?

    Now, where's my submission, Jenny? Huh? Where is it? I'll take that next chapter of FJR instead of the fantasy novel. Yupper, that'd be just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Fellow thieves! Please feel free to let me know what you've taken from this post - or share pertinent information that you don't mind me stealing.